Tuesday, December 28, 2010

No Pressure from P

  My husband, other than myself, is the biggest fan of Black Betty(my hair).  He likes to play in my hair, and even enjoys watching me while I style it.  I told him about the dangers of relaxers right after I decided that my last relaxer was my last relaxer.  It's been a little over six months since my BC. Yaay!
  The new questions he has about my hair have been about things that I would expect, length retention, style preference, possibility of color, and things of that nature.  Here are some that I did not expect.  "Are you trying to get your sister to stop relaxing her hair?" "Why not?  It's not good for her.  She should stop."  It totally threw me for a loop.  I am not one to push anything on to anyone.  It's a little funny that he expects me to be a natural hair Nazi.
  Having said that, I think some of my loved ones feel pressure from me just because I'm natural.  I have never told anyone that she should stop relaxing her hair.  I have never said that any of them should stop straightening their hair.  I just live my life with my coily hair.  I guess she is a statement within herself.   I have no desire for straight hair, but just like with everything else, I know that my choices are only applicable to me.  I enjoy seeing different styles and textures.  Is that rare? lol
  Do you think that people expect you to be a Natural hair Nazi even if you aren't just because you have natural hair?  Do you ladies with straightened natural hair feel that people expect you to dislike curly hair in its natural state just because you choose to straighten it?

No comments:

Post a Comment