Friday, October 8, 2010

Natural Woman





My life has changed a great deal in the last year, but one major change has been my hair. I decided to stop getting relaxer after my last relaxer in the first week in April. I did my BIG CHOP on June 12th. It has almost been 4 months, and I've never been happier with my hair. I've had everything from positive comments to ignorant questions about my hair, but just like every other part of me I embrace despite how others may feel about it.
I would have never imagined that my life would change by a decision I made about my hair. I've made a new friends. I have a whole network of sisters that support natural movement and me. Through this I have also realized that there are more people with odd personalities like me. Of course no two people are exactly alike, but I have never experienced this many people of my race whom are so similar to me. It's awesome! Where have you been all of my life?! Well, I'm glad you're here now, and I intend to keep you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Amen sista :) I have met some great people!!! I never knew I could be this happy and comfortable in my own skin just by going Natural!!! I'm glad I have you as my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww shucks. :') I'm glad to have you too.

    ReplyDelete